What is a Vietnam e-Visa
The Vietnamese Government introduced the electronic visa system in February 2017. Since then, travelers from certain countries can obtain a tourist Vietnam e-Visa without even leaving home. All the visa formalities may be handled online using any electronic device connected to the Internet. Vietnam e-Visa enables short-term trips for business, tourism, or transit purposes.
The electronic application process consists only of a few intuitive steps, but the application form must be submitted at least 5 business days in advance. The Vietnam e-Visa application requires covering the processing fee of 79 Euro. Holder of Vietnam e-Visa, however, does not need to cover the stempel fees upon entering Vietnam.
Who needs an e-Visa for Vietnam
Travelers from the majority of countries need a visa to enter Vietnam. Over 80 nationalities are included in the list of countries eligible for Vietnam e-Visa. Moreover, the Vietnamese e-Visa is also required from underage travelers. Their parents or legal guardians should make sure that all children accompanying them on a trip to Vietnam possess their individual electronic visas.
Before starting your online application, make sure your nationality is listed below.
List of eligible countries for e-Visa to Vietnam
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- East Timor
- Hong Kong (SAR)
- Korea, South
- Macau (SAR)
- Macedonia (North)
- Marshall Islands
- Myanmar (Burma)
- New Zealand
- Russian Federation
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
*Holders of Chinese e-passport cannot apply for a visa to Vietnam online.
Moreover, the following countries are allowed to enter Vietnam visa-free for a certain period of time:
- Philippines: up to 21 days
- Brunei, Myanmar: up to 14 days
- Chile: up to 90 days
- Cambodia, Kyrgyzstan, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Laos, Thailand: up to 30 days
- Finland, Belarus, France, Denmark, Spain, Japan, South Korea, Germany, Russia, Norway, UK, Sweden, and Italy: up to 15 days
Important note: Citizens who may stay in Vietnam for up to 15 days must have a break of 30 days between each visit.
Vietnam e-Visa Types
There is only one type of Vietnamese visa, which is issued as a single-entry visa. Its holder may stay in Vietnam for up to 30 days.
The Vietnam e-Visa enables traveling for the following purposes:
- tourism: all kinds of leisure-related activities, e.g., going on vacation, family and friend reunions, sightseeing, etc.
- business: handling business affairs, negotiating contracts, looking for new business opportunities
- transit: making a transit stop before reaching another destination
On average, the processing time takes only 68 hours, and around 99% of submitted applications are positively processed!
Vietnam e-Visa Requirements
Vietnam e-Visa requirements are easy to meet by every applicant. When it comes to the required documents, applicants need to prepare the following ones:
- a digital copy of a bio-data passport page (passport valid for at least 6 months from the planned entry date to Vietnam)
- a digital face photo (simply taken with a smartphone or PC web camera)
Please note: Our visa experts will adjust the files uploaded, so you do not need to worry about the size. Just make sure to attach clear pictures!
Travelers must also remember to meet some basic technical requirements, including:
- an active email address
- a valid means of online payment
- an Internet-accessed electronic device
How to apply online for your e-Visa Vietnam
Prepare your electronic device, gather required documents, check your Internet connection and go to the online visa application. The entire process shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes, so sit back in your chair and start the application by going through the following steps:
- Indicate your travel purpose and start filling out the online application form. Upload your face photo and a digital copy of your bio-data passport page.
- Cover the processing fee of 79 Euro using one of the available methods of online payment.
- Refresh your email inbox and receive the confirmation number. The approved Vietnam e-Visa will also arrive in a PDF file to your email address. Don’t forget to print it out and take its copy for your trip to Vietnam!
It may take up to 5 business days to approve your visa. Therefore, remember to submit your visa application soon enough!
Should you have any questions during your application, feel free to contact our support team at any time.
Validity of e-Visa Vietnam
The electronic visa to Vietnam is issued for 30 days while its holder may stay in the country for maximally 1 month as well.
The validity period starts to be counted on the day before your intended entry date to Vietnam. Holder of Vietnam e-Visa must leave the country before the visa’s expiration.
It is extremely important to provide the correct arrival date in the online application form to ensure the appropriate validity of your visa.
Please note that you may extend your Vietnam e-Visa. However, the visa extension requires you to cover additional fees. If you need more information, contact the local Immigration Department Office.